Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, March 28, 2013

Review: Revlon Nail Enamel in Trendy

Continuing my series of reviews of some of the new-for-2013 nail enamel shades from Revlon, today I bring you Trendy:

 Revlon Nail Enamel in 590 Trendy
(retail: around $4.99, 0.5 oz)

Keep reading for swatches and a nail art look I created using some of the new 2013 shades...


Trendy is a medium-toned teal that can look more green in certain lights, and more blue in other lights. This is a creme polish (no shimmer). I used two coats for this swatch (no top coat):


The polish is one of those cremes that has a perfect texture and consistency. Not thick, not thin; just right. It flows beautifully onto the nail and it's almost a one-coater in terms of opacity. Dry time between coats was very good, and dry time after the second coat was average.

I wore the above manicure for three days without top coat (or base coat) and only had minor tip wear on the third day.

I loved this color so much that I decided to do some nail art with it (on another day):


For this look, I used just one coat of Trendy. On top of that, I used a dotting tool to create a "V" shape on my nails with another new-for-2013 Revlon shade, Eclectic (click here for my full review of Eclectic).

And because I just can't leave well enough alone, I eventually ended up topping this look with Out The Door Northern Lights Holographic Top Coat:


FINAL VERDICT: This is probably my favorite of all of the new-for-2013 Revlon nail enamel shades I've tried to date. The consistency is perfection, it flows onto the nail beautifully, and you know I love my teal cremes. Dry time is very good on the first coat, and average for the second coat. Removal is easy but, as with many blues and teals, you may find some residue on your cuticles which may require an extra pass with remover. Sure, there are other shades at the drugstore that are similar in color, but if you don't already have a good teal creme in your stash, this is a lovely place to start. I don't think you'll be disappointed with this one.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.Blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews. For more information, click here.

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I might of missed it but are the new revlon polishes you have been posting limited edition or going to be in the core line?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this color too and picked up both of these from the display. Everything is better with a holo top coat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please try out Posh from the same line. It is soo pretty!!!!!! It is a grass green. I've gotten loads of complements when I've worn it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Posh. I picked that up in some past sale and it's so beautiful and vibrant.

      Delete
  4. Trendy's such a gorgeous color! I love what you did with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How does this compare to OPI Fly? They look really similar, this one seems maybe a bit dustier, and I'm actually wearing Fly with Northern Lights topcoat right now, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just got Trendy as it looks like a dupe for Illamasqua's Venous. I have them side by side, and it's very close. Beautiful color! I also agree within you on that Enchanting is a near dupe for Jo'Mina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same goes for here... She stole your review. I will not add the link again, but it is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig