Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, August 16, 2014

Spotted at Big Lots: Sephora X Nail Colors (and more)

Some exciting news today for my fellow Big Lots shoppers! Before I get to the sightings/haul, I want to mention that Big Lots posted this coupon for college students only to save $10 off any $50 purchase, valid today only (8/16). Sorry for the late notice, but I just heard about it when I saw it mentioned on Big Lots' Instagram page today, so I thought I'd share!

The most exciting news today is from reader @tonyamoniques on Instagram, who just spotted this at her local Big Lots:

image credit: @tonyamoniques for Nouveau Cheap
Sephora X Nail Colors at Big Lots
(Big Lots price: $2.50 each, 0.33 oz)

This makes perfect sense to me, since we all know that Big Lots also sold Sephora by OPI polishes (click here to see the Sephora by OPI polishes that I received directly from Big Lots). These Sephora X polishes are in the old-style bottles from circa 2012 (proof) and I think that some of the shades above were from their 2012 The Cosmics collection. Exciting, right?

I'm asking my contact at Big Lots for more info on how widespread this may be and I'll get back to you if/when I get more info. Hopefully this will be like the Sephora by OPI polishes and you'll be able to find these nationwide at all Big Lots locations!

Keep reading for pics of my recent Big Lots mini-haul...

So I went to a local Big Lots a few days ago and here's what I got:

Love & Toast Body Washes
(Big Lots price: $2 each, 8.2 oz)

I know that some of you spotted Love & Toast body washes and lotions for $2 at your Big Lots a while back, but I was searching and searching and FINALLY found them just this week! So don't give up hope--if you didn't find these before, they might still pop up! I didn't grab any lotions since I stocked up when my local Grocery Outlet also had these for $2 each. But I had to get more shower gel since they had my favorite scents.

For those of you unfamiliar with Love & Toast, the creator of this brand is Margo Elena, who also makes Tokyo Milk. Love & Toast body washes go for between $7.99 and $9.99 at Ulta, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc. So this is quite the deal! I think they're changing the packaging on this line, so that's why these products are popping up at various discounters right now.

Bodycology Limited Edition Spiced Pumpkin Nourising Body Cream
(Big Lots price: $2, 8 oz)

My Big Lots now carries a rather large assortment of Bodycology products, and when I saw this Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice body cream, I had to get it! I believe Bodycology first released this scent for Fall 2013, but I'm not sure if they actually brought it back for Fall 2014, or if this is a carry-over from 2013. Regardless, it's yummy and quite spicy! 

By the way, in addition to various products from their core line, I also spotted the new-to-me Bodycology Deodorant Body Sprays. One scent in particular, called After Dark, smelled like black currant and was unexpectedly nice. Something to look out for the next time you're at Big Lots, especially if you like to keep sprays like that in your gym bag, etc.

Have you spotted any of the products featured in this post at your local Big Lots recently? Any other recent Big Lots sightings you'd like to share with us? Leave a comment below and fill us in!

Thanks again, @tonyamoniques, for the great sighting and pic. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. no big lots in NYC! so sad ! the closet one Nj or S :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. theres one in hicksville on long island

      Delete
    2. Good news! Lot-Less is comparable to Big Lots with $1.49 Essie! 2 locations (midtown and Wall Street).

      Delete
  2. Well I guess I'm headed to Big Lots then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my Big Lots had wild poppy and cloud 9. I also saw the body sprays. I will keep my eye out for the love and toast because it sounds like something I would like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice!! And yes, I think you will love Love & Toast. I've never found a scent in their line that I didn't love. :)

      Delete
    2. they only had dew blossom body wash so I will be testing that tonight and in the morning.so excited to find $2.body wash!

      Delete
  4. G!!! The big lots in my area had a TON of sephora by OPI for only $1.80! Let me know if you want any pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind offer! But I actually did multiple posts about those when they first started showing up there (I linked to one of my posts with lots of pics in THIS post above). :) Glad you found them though! They're not as easy to find as they were when Big Lots first rolled them out--they went very quickly!

      Delete
  5. Oh dang! I was in Big Lots yesterday and now of these things were there, but I'll definitely try back next week. I've been finding quite decent stuff there lately - Revlon lip stuff for $2 (lip butters, balm stains), Loreal magic smooth souffle blushes for $1.50 (they're really good!), and L'oreal infallible gel liner, though they only had navy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. they can also be found in marshalls. don't remember the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen them at Marshall's too - $3.99 if I remember correctly.

      Delete
  7. Do the Love & Toast products smell ok? I picked some up on clearance awhile back at another store and they had a super-strong plastic smell, unlike how they smell when I buy them at Ulta. I ended up pitching everything I bought on clearance, the smell was SO strong. I'm afraid to purchase any L&T products on clearance again without being able to smell them!! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw some l&t products at Burlington Coat Factory a while ago and wanted to know what they smelled like before I bought them..... they smelled very spoiled. It definitely wasn't just you. (this was in WI.)

      Delete
  8. I just thought the other day that Big Lots was due for something good. However the Big Lots near by very rarely gets the good stuff but I will make a couple of runs there in the next few weeks. I haven't heard of Love and Toast but the names of the scents sounds amazing!! Wish me luck that I find something!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been searching for months and months for the LE Maybelline color tattoos that you had posted about at big lots but never found them. Are people still seeing those at their local Big Lots?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went there today and they didn't have x formula. However, I spotted the sephora by opi , they only had weird shades left for a long time but added the new ones so I picked them up

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found the love and toast washes, bodycology and sephora polishes in TX. I also found loreal one sweep eyeshadow, maybelline quads and the maybelline colored mascaras that came out few months ago and of course ELF products lots of great deals. Cashier told me 20% off entire purchase will happen again in Oct they were giving customers head up she was not sure on date yet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marshall's also has the Sephora by Formula X (which has a different bottle shape & formulation I think) for $3.50 a bottle on clearance there, which is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mom is a HUGE lover of Big Lots, so when we went in there yesterday and I saw these I flipped out. I had looked at the Sephora OPI colors they had and some stuck out, but I never purchased any. As for the Sephora X polishes, I got the primer, top coat, and Hypochondriac (pretty brown bronze) and I'm in love. ☺

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig