Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, October 17, 2014

The Profusion $1 Palettes Are Back for Holiday 2014

Remember those great little $1 Profusion 5-pans that were available at Walgreens for Holiday 2013? These are an insanely good deal for $1 each and I once again want to thank longtime reader Kris Feral for alerting me the beauty of these palettes last year (Kris, you rock!).

So guess what? They're back for Holiday 2014! Many thanks to reader Meghan (@makeup_looks_and_reviews on Instagram) for letting me know that @sunflower04220 on Instagram posted a pic of the display, which she found at her local Walgreens this week. @sunflower04220 kindly let me share that pic with you here, so take a look!

NOTE: To see my review of the purple palette below, CLICK HERE for my swatches from last year.

image credit: @sunflower04220 for Nouveau Cheap
Profusion 5-Pan Eyeshadow Palettes
Back again at Walgreens for Holiday 2014
(retail: $1 each)

As you can see, these palettes contain the same shades as last year's. This may or may not be good news to you, but I for one am quite excited because I really want a backup of that purple palette (that lavender duochrome shade is worth the price of the entire palette, and you know I'm not even a big purple eyeshadow fan!).

I know that several of you on Instagram mentioned that you have access to these palettes at your Dollar Tree stores, but I'm thinking that may be a regional thing because I have never seen these particular palettes at my Dollar Trees. Have you?

Also, there's at least one more set of $1 Profusion palettes for Holiday 2014. Keep reading for a reader pic, after the jump...

image credit: Jessica for Nouveau Cheap
Profusion Holiday 2014 Palettes from Walgreens
(retail: $1 each)

Many thanks to reader Jessica (@brunetteglamour on Instagram) for the pic above. Jessica found these Profusion palettes at her local Walgreens this week and she said that there's one additional palette in this collection called "Shimmer" (as luck would have it, @sunflower04220 actually posted a pic of the Walgreens display HERE if you want to see the fourth palette). 

These definitely remind me of the palettes from Holiday 2013, but I'm not sure if all of the shades are repeats from last year. Jessica posted swatches of all three of the palettes she purchased HERE, HERE and HERE. To me, these don't have quite the same level of pigmentation as the 5-pans but may still be worth a shot, given the price!

I would expect that Profusion has much, much more on the way for Holiday 2014. If you spot other Profusion palettes, sets, etc. at your local Walgreens, please leave a comment below and fill us in? Thanks!

Thanks again, Meghan, @sunflower04220 and Jessica, for the great info and pics!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. how are they? Lots of pigment like wet and wild. Or are they chalky? I like the colorsand while some people might say well it's only a dollar I always say hey I spent a dollar! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you scroll up, I link to my full review at the top of this post. :)

      Delete
  2. Bummed that the four-pans are same as last year. However, happy to see the 12 color pie shaped ones are different (to me anyway). I did see the four-pans today but not the others. I'll be looking at those for sure. Love $1 eyeshadow palettes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant to say 5-pans. Sorry for the confusion!

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited! I'm buying two backups of each palette once I find them. I ended up depotting mine but I regret it because uh, it turns out I do better with the shadows staying in a palette. Good thing I learned that using dollar palettes, but I was in love with the shades. So, hooray for the glorious return of the Twinkle Twinkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, looks like I need to head to Walgreen's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, think I'm going to have to get the new Berry palette. I need some matte purples!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just went to dollar general. Profusions face pallette for $5! Blush, lipstick and tons of e/s colors. Bought one to experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If u love eyeshadow these are one of the best out there they stand up at times better than my Mac eyeshadow. These would be a great gift for your friends or stocking stuffers

    ReplyDelete
  8. My local Wags is a huge joke. Crap is the best word to the describe it. There is none of this product in the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the 1st 5-pan shadows, but not the 2nd grouping. That makes me want them so much more.

      Delete
    2. What we get is at corporate's discretion. Your local wags should still have about 2 more weeks of hokiday delivery.

      Delete
  9. I saw some profusion palettes that were dupes of the NYX palettes like Sex bomb, natural, adorable...has anyone seen these? I tried going back to the store where I thought I saw them and can't find them...I swore it was Kmart... Maybe I was mistaken..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do sell them at Kmart and also Dollar Tree. Dollar Tree always seems to have the 5 pan Profusion shadows. I LOVE Profusion. I have so many of their larger palettes. A good place to find Profusion palettes is Sam's Beauty.com . It is a wig store, but they sell all kinds of make up too. Great prices also. I have gotten many of the Profusion palettes there. The most expensive Profusion palette was $19.99. They might be on sale now for a lot less.

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig