Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, December 12, 2014

Burlington Coat Factory Haul

Let me preface this haul post by saying that not all Burlington Coat Factory locations are the same when it comes to beauty products. I've found that newer and/or larger stores have a much better variety of both high-end and drugstore cosmetics (some even have full-on wall displays of Sally Hansen, CoverGirl, etc., just like a drugstore), while smaller/older stores may have a more limited selection. So try calling around to the Burlington stores in your area and ask them if they have a large beauty department. If they do, get your booties over there ASAP and see what you can find.

IMPORTANT: Some readers have recently spotted the Kat Von D cosmetics I posted about HERE at their Burlington stores recently. I personally have found limited edition drugstore cosmetics from Wet n Wild, and full displays of Profusion palettes that I've never seen at Walgreens or elsewhere, at Burlington, as well as Color Club polishes (I bought Color Club holo polishes at Burlington over the summertime for $3.99 each) and much, much more. So it pays to go--and keep checking back--because you never know what may pop up.

Which brings me to my latest haul...

December Burlington Coat Factory Haul

Keep reading for pics and details...

If you're a longtime reader of my blog, then you know I love me some Vitabath. They really stepped up their game when they released their new lines a few years back, and although I'm a huge fan of the body washes (you must try Luscious Lemon Creme) I also love their body sprays and body lotions. You can find Vitabath at Rite Aid, Kmart and Ulta for full price, but I had no idea Burlington carried Vitabath until I found these recently:

Vitabath Fruit Fanatic Body Lotion in Wild Red Cherry
(Retail: $7.95, 12 oz.; Burlington Coat Factory price: $4.99)



Wild Red Cherry is probably the best cherry scent I've ever encountered when it comes to body products. It is sweet and tart, with a hint of a floral background. It actually smells more like real cherries than that fake "cherry candy" scent you sometimes find in body products or candles, and it's one of my favorites from Vitabath. This lotion formula is wonderful as well--it makes my skin feel incredibly smooth, while leaving a smooth and soft (but not sticky or greasy) protective coating on the skin. 


Next up:

Cargo Limited Edition 2013 Let's Meet in Paris Palette
(Retail: $39; Burlington Coat Factory price: $12.99)

I want to thank my pal Lisa (@makeuplunchanddinner on Instagram) for posting THIS PIC of the Cargo Limited Edition Vintage Escape Palette she found at her local Burlington a few weeks ago for $12.99 (retail: $39). Naturally, Lisa's pic sent me into "must find" mode, and when I reposted Lisa's pic on Instagram, reader Andrea let me know that she found Cargo palettes at a Burlington here in San Diego. (If you're in SD and you haven't been to the new Burlington near SDSU, on the corner of 54th and University where the old Kmart used to be, that's where I found THIS palette.) So thank you so much, Lisa and Andrea, for the fantastic tips!

So yeah, I found the Cargo Limited Edition 2013 Let's Meet in Paris Palette at Burlington for $12.99 (retail: $39). SCORE!





The colors in this palette are beautiful and the palette comes with a nice double-ended brush as well. I'm super pleased with the texture and pigmentation of these shadows--you can see some swatches over at Stephanie Louise's blog HERE.



Bonus Haul Pics:


First let me say that I'm kind of a clog person. I'm all about comfort, but I'm particular about my clogs. I like to pair them with structured, wide-leg trousers or jeans and cute sweaters, so they have to be "casual-dressy" if that makes any sense. Anyway, if you're a clog person too, then you know that Born clogs can be expensive. Even their less expensive line, BOC Born Concept, isn't cheap--brand new styles can run from $60-$80. So when I found this pair (older style) at Burlington for $29.99, I couldn't say no. You can find these for about $39 at various online discount retailers, so $29 is a nice deal. 



Final thoughts: If you haven't been to your local Burlington Coat Factory in a while, GO. And do not skip the beauty section--they are really stepping it up lately and you just might find some Kat Von D, Cargo, or other goodies there (and some nice skincare, haircare and body care products too). In fact, reader @elisechristine91 just shared with me a few hours ago this Philosophy sighting at her local Burlington--what a great deal, right? You just never know what you may find!

Have you found any good deals (makeup or otherwise) at your local Burlington Coat Factory lately? I'd love to hear all about your hauls!

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Excellent deals! I really regretted not getting the Cargo Paris palette but you have given me hope. :) I'll be heading to Burlington Coat Factory this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that Cargo Paris palette and can tell you it's very sparkly! Cargo makes the smoothest most pigmented eyeshadows in my opinion. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well damn. I was just at Marshall's yesterday in search of the Kat Von D palettes (no luck) and didn't even think to go into Burlington which is literally two stores down. Guess I'm making another trek up there tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, I've haven't tried the Vitabath lotions (the newer ones anyway, used to use the original green bk in the day) but you're sooo right abt the scent of their cherry, that and the rose are my favs. Nice score!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love going to Burlington, Marshall's (I'd go to TJMaxx but it's bit of drive). Those clogs are so cute and I need a pair of comfy shoes. Burlington always has a nice selection of Ciate, OPI and Orly while Marshall's has Butter London, OPI, Essie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My BCF's beauty section is scary. Absolutely filthy with opened product spilled all over stuff. The rest of the store is just as bad. Might just have to peek in for that Cargo pallet though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Review the shadow! I miss your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually found some of the Kat von D products yesterday at TJ Maxx, I was really surprised but the prices were great. I got a liquid lipstick for $6.99 (currently selling for $19 at Sephora) and a rollerball of her perfume Sinner for $4.99 (I can't find a current price but I know it was higher). I also found some Bliss products and tons of Butter London. I had such a hard time sticking to budget! I think my favorite find yesterday though was Walgreens had several Wet n Wild products on sale, with the eyeshadow singles for 49 cents. I use their creme brulee color every day, so I bought every one they had! I love getting a deal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to know. We are getting a Burlingon soon, crossing my fingers it has cosmetics. Most of the other chains (Stage, Kohls, etc) in my area don't carry the items everyone else seems to find in theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 👋👋👋👋 They had some Cargo palettes, (the one in the beige leather case? ), here in Boston, ma.. So, it's not just CA😉They had those limited wet n wild, and other stuff too... still hunting for KAT VON D at my local tj's & Marshalls...P.s. Happy Belated😚 Addicted to your page💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for sharing - this palette is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig