Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, April 20, 2015

Last-Minute Sephora VIB Sale Ideas (and What I've Purchased So Far)

If you're a Sephora Beauty Insider, then you probably know that today (4/20) is the last day to use code BILOVE for 10% off your purchases at Sephora (online and in-store at Sephora and Sephora inside JCPenney stores). If you're a VIB or VIB Rouge, then I'm sure you already know that your 15% off codes end tomorrow (4/21).

As I've mentioned in previous posts last week, I love to purchase Sephora's various value sets during these events, because you're getting a discount on top of a discount (the value sets are already a good deal, but even as a BI with my extra 10% off, I feel like it's always the best time to get them because, let's face it, every little penny counts, right?).

So to kick off this post full o' ideas, let me show you another new Sephora inside JCPenney set that was brought to my attention by reader @monamiamigo on Instagram:

image credit: @monamiamigo for Nouveau Cheap
Sephora Favorites Fragrance Sampler for Her
Spotted at Sephora inside JCPenney

Sephora already has quite a few fragrance samplers available on their website, but this one is different than any of the current samplers HERE. Not only do you get 10 samples and a voucher to redeem for a full-size bottle of your choice, but you also a get a full-size Sephora X Nail Polish.

Keep reading for more info and other VIB sale ideas...

The fragrance samples in this set include:

  • Calvin Klein Endless Euphoria
  • Ralph Lauren Midnight Romance
  • Stella McCartney Stella
  • Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo
  • Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy Noir
  • Marc Jacobs Daisy
  • Prada Candy Florale
  • Elizabeth and James Nirvana White
  • Giorgio Armani Si
  • Gucci Guilty

And you also get this...

image credit: @monamiamigo for Nouveau Cheap

A full-size Sephora Formula X nail color in Brazen (0.4 oz). You can check out a swatch HERE (second polish down in Jen's post). 

I forgot to get confirmation on the price of this set (I'll update when I do), but I'm guessing it's probably around $50 based on the fragrance samplers already on the Sephora site. Also, don't forget about the other exclusive Sephora inside JCP samplers now available in-store: click here to see the makeup sampler, click here to see the skincare sampler and click here to see the mascara sampler

If you're looking for more ideas, definitely check out all of the value sets now available on the Sephora site HERE.  Some highlights:


Also don't forget to check out the Sephora Sale Page. And if you don't already have Sephora Flash, don't forget that your subscription to Sephora Flash ($10) counts for free shipping, meaning that when you purchase Sephora Flash, you immediately get free shipping on anything else you order with that purchase. 

If you'd like to know what I've purchase so far during the VIB sale, I've actually been pretty good! I have ordered:

  • Soap & Glory Hand Food (love love love and you can't beat that clearance price)
  • Kat Von D Everlasting Lipstick in Lolita (I love the lipstick, and yes, I know the liquid version is different and that there are actually three different shades of Lolita floating around! Shade #1 is the original shade, shade #2 was a "bad batch" with an off color and shade #3 is what's currently in stock on the Sephora website. I know #3 is not identical to the original #1, but I think I might prefer shade #3 to the original...fingers crossed!)
  • Rosebud Salve in a Tube (love this stuff and prefer the tube over the tin)
  • Sephora Collection Colorful Blush in Hey Jealousy (I've been looking forward to trying their new blushes so it's the perfect time to get one with the discount. If you need swatches, @trendmood1 on Instagram has some HERE.)
  • I really, really want this set (exclusive to Sephora inside JCP stores) but I haven't been able to find it locally yet.

Things I currently have in my cart but haven't pulled the trigger on:

  • L'Artisan Coffret (I already love both of these fragrances and this is a great way to get more, since full-size bottles are very expensive)
  • Nest Indigo Rollerball (I fell in love with this fragrance when I purchased the Black Friday trio, and I been wanting this ever since)
  • Bite Agave Lip Mask in Smashed (I've been on the fence about this one ever since it came out; my lips always need all the help they can get and I love that there's a tinted version of this now, but $26 for lip treatment...it hurts my wallet to think about it!)

If you've made it this far, I would absolutely love to know what you've purchased during the VIB sale so far (if you've made any purchases!) and I would also love to hear about any products you're on the fence about right now...time is ticking!

Thanks again, @monamiamigo, for the great sighting and pics!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I got the Music Festival kit just to try 2 of the Colorful blushes at lower cost, but they seem to be exclusive shades to the kit, as the names aren't part of the core lineup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine just got here today!

    HITS
    Becca Eye Tint in Romantique.
    Stila Convertible Color Palette
    Amore Pacific CC Cushion in SPF 50+
    Makeup Forever Aqua Cream in Silver
    Makeup Forever HD Blush in 330 (Rosy Plum?) ** Best of the best, my favorite thing that came in the mail

    MISSES
    Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tint Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Flowering Freesia - returning no pigment

    Surratt Beauty Artistique Eyeshadow in Enchantresse - beautiful but too small. feel gipped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every sephora near me is sold out of that Summer Obsessions set and I NEED IT so bad. I'm hoping they get more in stock eventually but it will probably be after the VIB sale.still worth it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't planned on buying anything during this sale, but I had no idea about the Too Faced lip set until now!! Must gettttttt. I still haven't owned any of the Melted lippies yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just got my box today! Too Face matte neutral palette, the mascara box you mentioned a few days ago that comes with the coupon to pick your fave, tony moly hand cream in a cute tangerine container, nars eye shadow brush, Tarte lipstick in Tulip. On Saturday I picked up Stilla black liquid eyeliner and a Moxie lip gloss by bare minerals but for the life of me can't remember the name of the color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the Bite Lip Mask in Smashed (they also have a pretty champagne version). Smashed comes out of the tube a rosy red color but leaves a beautiful MLBB behind. I'm obsessed with the original Agave Lip Mask and use it every night, and I'm not sure why, but the colored versions don't seem to give that same level of holy grail moisture that the clear mask does. They feel just as thick going on so maybe it's all in my head. But anyway...Smashed is a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I've been beyond trigger happy with this sale. I bought a beauty blender set that comes with 2 beauty blenders and Benefit's Pore primer and cheek tint ( only $39!!!)
    Hourglass ambient powder palette,
    Kat Von D Lipstick in le femme
    Sephora's cleansing water

    I went a bit crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just picked up the Agave lip mask in Smashed at the VIB Rouge event, and I'm so glad I did. $26 is a bit high, but I doubt I could finish it in a year so I justified it. Lol! It's a perfect alternative for those days I need serious moisture and with just a flush of color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Bite Agave treatment really does last forever. I know someone whose had one for six months.
    I bought:
    Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Blushed Copper
    Becca blushes in Songbird and Wild Honey
    Marc Jacobs lipsticks in Je t'aime, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and So Sofia.
    Bite Matte Creme in Sucre

    No wonder I am $200 away from VIB Rouge. :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got a larger size (2oz) Josie Maran SPF moisturizer than the 0.5oz trial size I originally learned about when I bought the JM Winter Skin kit. It smells amazing, leaves my skin dewy (not greasy), and feels so soothing. The 4oz is a better value but it was sold out. I already had the Agave lip mask in champagne tint, and it has lasted me since the fall with barely a dent in it. I see it easily lasting a year. I only use half a Tic Tac size drop once a week over a lip serum recommended by Janine of BeautyGeeks. The label wears away every time you touch it--I even tried squeezing delicately. Tiny annoyance bc it starts to look old and worn right away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I picked up the skincare sampler and a Sephora brand liquid lipstick in Petal Luster. I hope to get back there today to pick up the makeup sampler. If I don't I won't be too upset, the only reason I really wanted it in the first place is the full size Nars lipgloss, but I looked at the shade in the store and it is waaay to pale for me, so on the first trip I put it back (for now)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got the skin care sampler kit from Sephora inside JC penney and I also got the mascara kit( with the coupon) at the Sephora store. I'm debating Dr. Dennis Gross serum with ferulic acid. I also love the DIOR one serum but how much serum do I really need? My Sephora inside JC penney had the rollerball perfume kit on sale for 15.99( saving 2.00), but you would have still gotten the 15% off on that too. I didnt get it and now I'm out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh-my-G! I did not now about the Melted set or the Benefit Watt set! Thanks...now my wallet is so upset with me <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too faced Chocaolate Bar
    Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
    Cover FX Drops
    Marc Jacobs Bronzer Brush No. 12
    Clinique Cheek Pop - Berry Plum
    Nars Dual Intensity Blush

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Benefit kit is out of stock, I had it sitting in my basket because I was thinking about it (especially after I list what I had already purchased...) but when I returned to it this evening it was sold out :-(

    I bought...
    3 Sephora Cream Lip Stains (Always Red, Blackberry Sorbet and African Violet)
    Sephora Luster Matte Lip Color in Fig Luster
    Sephora collection Universal Lip Liner (i.e. a clear lip liner)
    Sephora brand solid brush cleaner (I've never tried the Beauty Blender one though)
    Minis of the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose powder and Clinique's Take the Day off
    NARS blush in Dolce Vita
    The big First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser (5 oz? there used to be an 8oz)

    And my boyf got me a late birthday present of the Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Sorbet.

    I'm a happy gal despite missing out on the Benefit set!
    And I am DEF trying to get my hands on that Sephora JCP set also... Promise you'll let your SD readers know if you find it?! (I'll do the same, of course)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig