Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Lipstick League - week of 4.20.15


The Lipstick League Question of the Week

 What foundation are you reaching for the most right now? 

G's answer: Hard Candy Glamoflauge Foundation and Jordana Complete Cover 2-in-1 Concealer & Foundation, both of which I'll be reviewing here on the blog very soon (I have a TON of reviews coming up this week, so please stay tuned!).

The Lipstick League Links of the Week

Phyrra - Lost on where to start with HAC? I’ve got you covered with the Pale Girl's Guide to Highlighting & Contouring! Included are recommendations for light to medium skintones too!

we heart this - Can you get fab brows under 5 bucks? Answer: You can with THIS!

Beautygeeks - takes a short trip down spray antiperspirant memory lane in this review of Dove Dry Spray.

Clumps of Mascara - is in loooove with a lipstick. Honestly, it could very well be one of the best lipsticks I’ve tried all year.

EauMG - often gets asked for perfume suggestions and one of the most popular requests goes like, “Are there any under $100 indie/niche perfumes that you recommend?”. And the answer is “Yes!”, here’s an indie line that offers a lot for fewer $!

Gouldylox Reviews - I'm obsessed with this new eye brightening wonder product from Becca. OBSESSED.

Love for Lacquer - It’s time for the Earth Day promo from Zoya! Check out Jess’ swatches from the Delight collection and pick a few shades up for a great deal!

My Beauty Bunny - Jen’s got a sweet Earth Month giveaway going on right now. Win $112 worth of cruelty free and vegan derma e goodies! Click here to enter!

My Newest Addiction - Laura shares her favorite pieces from the new NARS Christopher Kane Neoneutral collection.

Nouveau Cheap - Wet n Wild has a new limited edition 10-pan eyeshadow palette in their Fergie line for Summer 2015. If you like neutrals and greens, this one’s for you.

Prime Beauty - found an effective way to eliminate redness with IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Neutralizing Correcting Cream!

(Wondering what the Lipstick League is? Find out here.)

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Phyrra - I'm obsessed with Blake Lively and I love my friend Ange's Age of Adaline look! You need to check it out!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. G, can't wait for your HC Glamoflauge review as that is my current obsession right now. You originally got me hooked on the CG 3-in-1 foundation, but I think the HC has dethroned that. I mean I loved, loved, loved the CG but the HC foundation is equally amazing. And since it is a lot cheaper, I think I'm switching for good.
    Haven't seen/heard of the Jordana one you mention. Anticipating that review as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with HC too! Got it after seeing it in a haul somewhere on YouTube and it's amazing. I do have to make sure my skin is *moisturized* but it's legit the best color match I've ever had. Looking forward to reading your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for your reviews, G! It was one of your older reviews for Cover Girl's Tone Rehab foundation that persuaded me to try it. I'm very happy with its performance; in fact, it seems to look better and better throughout the day. Provides a nice canvas for my other makeup by covering redness and other imperfections. Kind of expensive, but I had a $1.50 coupon and there was a BOGO 1/2 off sale. on top of that, the purchase went towards earning a $9.00 mPerks reward at Meijer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recently purchased UD Naked Skin foundation, and so far I'm really liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited for these reviews! You got me hooked on the Covergirl 3 in 1 but I'm sure these are cheaper so I'll be glad to switch if you guys like them so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wore this for years... PF mineral wear powder as foundation.

    Then I saw this... CG ready set gorgeous liquid foundation (color 110), used with the concealer and ELF small stopping brush. I really like it a lot. Just the right amount of coverage, looks natural.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig