Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, May 22, 2016

The Lipstick League - Week of 5.16.16

The Lipstick League Question of the Week

Do you use color correcting complexion products (like powders, primers or concealers)? If so, which ones do you use?

G's answer: I have a few under-eye correctors but honestly? I don't use them. Between eye cream, sunscreen, primer, foundation, concealer and setting powder, I feel like that area of my face already has the most potential to become a cakey nightmare, so the last thing I want to do is add yet another layer of product to that area. Color-correcting on the rest of my face isn't something that I've ever felt I really "needed" to add to my routine. Plain ol' foundation, concealer, and powder work just fine for me.

The Lipstick League Links of the Week

Olive & Ivy - Marc Jacobs Beauty is totally underrated. I have yet to find a product from them that I don’t LOVE! Here’s some of my fave releases from Marc Jacobs this season.

Phyrra - Want a truly peachy eyeshadow palette that's not Limited Edition or filled with boring browns? Check out my DIY Makeup Geek Peach Palette and fall in love with these fun shades!

Prime Beauty - has a great giveaway to perk up your makeup bag. She is giving away a $50 Sephora gift card as well as a prize package for the new movie Love and Friendship. Go enter now!

we heart this - Do you like the ease of applying shadow with your fingers? Then the L'Oreal Colour Riche Mono eye shadows are for you! And even if you prefer a brush, the gel texture shouldn't be missed.

Beautygeeks - regrets not trying this drugstore mascara sooner; she’s missed out on months and months of happy backseat action.

Beauty Junkies Unite - Dilara is loving this cold cream cleansing bar -- that's right! A cold cream cleansing bar that's super gentle.

Blushing Noir - Think you have a favorite highlighter? Check out the limited edition Pat McGrath Skinfetish 003 Pigments and get ready to have your mind blown.

Clumps of Mascara - Seriously Sephora? A Minnie Mouse collection? Is this real life? It is!

EauMG - Hey lovers of all things green beauty, I’ve reviewed an all-natural perfume oil from LURK that has left me smelling like sunshine and fields of wildflowers!

Gouldylox - Before and after photos are still one of my favorite things! You've got to see this before and after using MaskCara's new IIID Foundation!

My Beauty Bunny - Eyebrow obsessed or indifferent. You've got to check out Chella for Brow and Lash Products That Will Change Your Life!

My Newest Addiction - Laura has been trying the new Pur Cosmetics Fully Charged Magnetic Mascara and shares her thoughts!

Nouveau Cheap - looking for a fabulous new hand cream that’s loaded with skin-loving ingredients, smells like heaven, and costs less than $6? Here you go.

(Wondering what the Lipstick League is? Find out here.)

Olive & Ivy is Currently Craving: Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder. After seeing it used and recommended time and time again for a super natural looking contour by some of my favorite fellow fair-skinned YouTubers and beauty bloggers, I think it’s time I finally bite the bullet!
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I do a tiny bit. Mostly I use the Maybelline dream lumi concealer in radiant under the eyes, as it brightens dark spots a bit. I have a couple NYX concealers in green and in lavender, for the odd days when I maybe want tinted moisturizer and a bit of correction, but I agree that too many products can look cakey. I don't know how anyone can do primer, concealer, spf, foundation, correctors, etc. If I have too much product on, I feel like I'm suffocating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nor do I. I am tempted to get the Wet and Wild color correcting palette but probably won't use it. My foundation seems to cancel out any discoloration and I still look like I have skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love green concealers for covering red spots. I discovered them years ago when I bought a green concealing stick to use as full face makeup for a last minute zombie Halloween costume. I realized it actually did a great job covering up zits and things. I feel like every time I find a green concealer I like, it gets discontinued. I've liked several that ELF has made, but I think they've discontinued all of them. Right now, I prefer thinner, more liquid green concealer with a wand type applicator, because I find it easier to blend. I can't find a new version like that though. Everything seems to either to be stick or pan lately, and those usually feel too stiff to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried the NYX one? They have one, for $5, with a wand applicator and have it in a pale green. It's not the thinnest texture, but it blends well.

      Delete
    2. A liquid, wand-applicator green concealer that I've loved is the Physician's Formula Concealer Twins- it comes with a green shade on one side and a more neutral "skin" tone on the other. I'm pretty sure it's still around!

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig