Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, October 14, 2016

Matrix Beauty Steal at Ulta Is Live (Plus a Mini-Review of One of the Products on Sale)


UPDATE: there's a NEW freebie to go with this! See bullet points below!

Just a quick reminder! The Ulta Gorgeous Hair Event Beauty Steals for 10/15 are now live:

Matrix Total Results Miracle Creator is part of this deal and you can get it for $7.99 HERE (reg $16, 6.8 oz.). And don't forget about these deals to go with it:

  • $3.50 OFF $10 NON-PRESTIGE PURCHASE - use code 308920 (valid online only; thanks to reader Kahkashan Fatimah for letting us know that this code works with the Matrix Beauty Steals!)
  • 2X OR 3X POINTS ON ALL PURCHASES NOW THROUGH 10/15 (LAST DAY!) - Members get 2X points and Platinum members get 3X points on all purchases online and in-store! Just sign into your account HERE and check your "My Rewards" tab to activate. 
  • FREE WITH ANY ONLINE ORDER: add this deluxe Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara to your cart and once you add anything else to your cart it will go from $10 to FREE (thanks to reader @_marybeaty on Instagram for the tip!)
  • FREE WITH ANY ONLINE ORDER: add this deluxe Buxom Wildly Whipped Lightweight Liquid Lipstick to your cart and once you add anything else to your cart it will go from $10 to FREE (thanks to reader Sasha K. for the tip!) 
  • FREE WITH ANY $75 ONLINE ORDER (CHOOSE ONE): Luminous Gold 16-piece Beauty Bag OR Electric Blue 16-piece Beauty Bag. Just add one to your cart and once you add at least $75 of other merchandise to your cart it will go from $75 to FREE (thanks to reader @MomInMascara on Instagram for the tip!)
  • PLATINUM MEMBERS: spend at least $10 on any of The Gorgeous Hair Event Beauty Steals and you will receive free shipping on your order (once you go through the checkout process, the free shipping option should pop up in the final stage before you submit your order, as long as you're signed into your account).

I mentioned this is my September Empties post but here's a bit more info about why I'm LOVING the Matrix Miracle Creator:


This is a leave-in treatment that you apply while your hair is wet. It detangles beautifully, and it leaves my fine, long, naturally-wavy hair soft, bouncy, frizz-free and full of body. The closest thing I can compare it to is It's A 10, but unlike It's A 10, this product doesn't weight down my waves (It's A 10 can get quite heavy in my hair). My waves are actually more springy and uniform when I use Miracle Creator, so I can skip my usual curl cremes.

Another thing I love about this product is that it works so beautifully on air-dried hair. I don't use heat styling if I can help it, so if you normally like to air-dry your hair, I think you might love how this performs. Also, it doesn't seem to build up on my fine, oily hair. I have super oily roots and it doesn't make my hair any more oily than usual, and I haven't noticed any product build-up since I've been using it (although I do use a clarifying shampoo once a week, rain or shine). Also, the scent is so yummy. It smells like coconut-berry candy.

If It's A 10 is a bit too heavy for you, I think you might love this stuff. I received it as a freebie from Ulta a while back and immediately purchased a full-size bottle from Ulta when I ran out of the freebie. And I'm about to purchase two more bottles with today's discount, which means I get free shipping, too (I'm Platinum).

PS: If you get this and find it doesn't work for you, try experimenting with the amount. With any styling product I'm using for the first time, I like to start with the smallest amount possible and then work my way up if needed. I have very long hair right now (my ends almost hit the top of my belt line on my pants) and I find that if I divide my hair into two sections, I need about six mists per section.

PPS: I just noticed that Matrix Total Results Color Obsessed Miracle Treat 12 (also on sale for $7.99) has lots of glowing reviews as well. Have any of you tried that one? I don't know how it could be better than Miracle Creator but darnit, now I'm tempted to get one, just so I can compare the two. Thoughts?

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. Do you know how this product compares to It's a 10 Miracle Spray?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I specifically compare it to It's A 10 in this blog post. See the first paragraph of the review portion of my post above!

      Delete
    2. Isn't it so frustrating when people don't read the dang post before asking a question?

      Delete
    3. Oh I totally know what it's like to get excited and want to ask a question before reading an entire post. I do it too sometimes! :)

      The only thing that gets a little frustrating is that I want to answer the question, but I'm always afraid that saying "see my post" is going to come across as rude. I'm not trying to be rude, but it just takes time to repeat things in comments that I already wrote in my blog posts (this happens a lot on social media). I just hope that people understand I'm only asking due to time. I can't always repeat what I've already written somewhere else, so it helps me a lot to just say, "please read my blog post". :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! The discount code for $3.50 off $10 applies to beauty steals :) I bought the bed head blow dryer yesterday and the code worked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaaa??? Omg thank you!! They're always exempt from Beauty Steals so I didn't even try! Darnit, I'm so bummed I already placed my order!!

      Delete
  3. Hey G,

    Great review! How do you like this compared to the Loreal 8-in-1?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg it's the ONE product I've tried so far that is totally replacing the L'Oreal for me! I'm still bummed they discontinued that one, just because I loved the scent and it was convenient to buy at the drugstore, but as far as results, I actually like the Matrix better! :)

      Delete
    2. I can actually still find the L'Oréal in drugstores for full price! Is it really discontinued?

      Delete
    3. There is probably still older inventory on shelves at many retailers, but the product has been discontinued. It's no longer on the L'Oreal website and I think a reader even emailed L'Oreal a while back and they confirmed. :(

      Delete
  4. Have you tried the Redken Frizz Dismiss - Smooth Force? (There are two but that is the one for fine hair). I love it! I ran out and am now trying the Matrix Miracle Creator. I like that the Miracle Creator's first 2 ingredients are water and coconut oil. If you try the Matrix Miracle Treat 12, I hope you post what you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't! But I'll certainly put it on my to-try list. Thanks!

      I ended up buying a bottle of Miracle Treat last night after I wrote this post, along with some back ups of Miracle Creator! Curiosity got the best of me. Lol. I will most certainly compare the two here, after I give it a try. Thanks for asking. Oh and I'd love to know what you think of Miracle Creator after you get it! Fingers crossed. :)

      Delete
  5. Just noticed in my Ulta offers a 5X Points for Tarte good from 10/14/16 - 10/22/16. I didn't get an email or anything, but it showed up to activate in my account. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that! I DID get the email about it a few days ago but it's great to hear that it's more widespread than I thought! I was just going to mention it in my weekly wrap-up on Sunday since I've been heavy on the Ulta posts this week. :)

      Delete
  6. Do you think it would work as a heat protectant? I use It's A 10 mostly for heat protection, but I'd gladly give this stuff a try since it's on sale! I have to keep It's A 10 away from my roots because it makes my scalp greasy, so I'm intrigued that you say this stuff is lighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it will. Here's the description from the Ulta site (heat protection is mentioned twice):

      Hair Multi-Tasker Treatment has 20 beautifying benefits for your hair: leave in for nourishment, boosts shine, smoothes the cuticle, helps prevent breakage from brushing, adds moisture, helps prevent heat damage, helps fight frizz, helps even out porosity, minimizes damage, detangles, educes dryness, conditions lightly, controls fly aways, controls fly a ways, helps prevent split ends, helps soften, makes blow dry process easier, helps correct roughness, helps shield against external aggressors, improves manageability, primes hair for styling.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for posting this! I'm trying the Matrix product and was thrilled to get all the freebies too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! You're so welcome! Id love to know what you think when you get it! :)

      Delete
  8. This is still available online at this price today. I just ordered 2. My hair is exactly like yours so I'm hoping it will work for me. Thank you for all of your hard work, G!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, this deal is for 10/15. The beauty steals go live the night before, which is when I posted, so it's a little confusing. :)

      Anyway, I'm so excited for you to get this since your hair is like mine! Please do let me know what you think when you try it? Thanks!! :)

      Delete
  9. Omg, I even called the store and asked if it was still available at that price today and the girl said no, it wasn't....she didn't even mention the date. I need to get my head straight, I don't even know what day it is anymore - darn kids!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kid brain happens! ;) I don't have kids but I've seen it happen to all parents! Heck, it happens to me all the time and I have no excuse. Lol.

      Delete
  10. G, will you share which clarifying shampoo you use? I have a lot of build-up and my current one just dries out my hair without cleaning it. (I think the sodium chloride in it is driving my hair nuts)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! My faves are Suave and Vo5. They both work like a charm for me. :)

      Delete
  11. The Buxom lip cream is not showing up as free any longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was anticipating that would sell out soon. :(

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig