Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, September 1, 2011

Nouveau Cheap readers have spoken: your favorite drugstore concealer brand is...

It's that time again! After 1,086 votes, the latest reader poll has ended and the results are in:

First place:
Maybelline (278 votes)

Second place:
Hard Candy (148 votes)

Third place:
Revlon (137 votes)

No other brands cracked 100+ votes, but CoverGirl came close at 77 votes

If you voted for Maybelline (my personal choice for their SuperStay concealer), I'd love to know which particular product is your favorite.

I'm assuming that if you voted for Hard Candy, you probably are a fan of this concealer, but if you voted for Hard Candy and prefer another one of their concealers, I'd love to hear about that too!

And of course if you voted for Revlon, or any other brand in this poll for that matter, let us know which product you love! Oh, and if you  voted "other" I'd really love to know which drugstore brand you would have voted for if it had been an option.

Thanks SO much to everyone who took the time to vote in this poll. I love seeing the results each month and hearing what YOU have to say. It helps influence my purchases and always turns me on to great new products I've never tried before!

If you have a minute, the new poll is up and I'd love it if you'd take a sec to vote. This month we're tackling eyeliner, and since I know it is impossible for many of us to pin down ONE favorite brand, I set it so that you can select multiple answers. Thanks in advance for voting!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I voted for Maybelline for their SuperStay Concealer, though I also like their Cover Stick concealer in Green for blemishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i voted for almay because of their line smoothing concealer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have to agree with the poll and say that I love the concealer from Maybelline and Hard Candy. Those would be my first two choices for over the counter. Great coverage without hurting the pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My two favorites are the Maybelline Super Stay and Hard Candy Glamoflauge, so I'm happy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted for both Maybelline (SuperStay, Mineral concealer, and Age Rewind concealer/highlighter) and Hard Candy (Glamoflage) because I ADORE them! i do find that using a primer under the eye and using my liquid foundation prior to concealing helps the glamoflage be less drying. I also sometimes finish off my face after powder with a touch of Milani's clickpen radiance concealer to bring light back to the concealed area so it looks less dry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voteds for Rimmel for the Match perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have 2 HGs at the moment (I'm so surprised! I'm not at all a concealer junkie) and I like them for different purposes.

    I love Revlon PhotoReady for undereye usage. The coverage is kinda slim, low pigmentation, but I don't have bad undereye circles. I like it because it is light reflecting and it stays looking good throughout the day.

    I love Hard Candy Glamoflauge for my hard to cover acne scarring. That concealer is like indestructible. Stays good throughout the day too.

    I love your polls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Maybelline Age Rewind concealer/highlighter duo. But I think it's different now? Glad I stocked up during the CVS sale last winter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use Revlon PhotoReady and ColorStay concealers. The CS concealer is a tube-wand combo and it's fairly light coverage, pretty buildable. I prefer the PR, which is a cream concealer that comes in a lipstick-style tube. On me it's medium coverage and I find that it works well for undereyes AND blemishes, unlike other concealers that I've used. It's creamy and easy to blend, and it lasts well under my eyes. It doesn't stick around on my cheeks but that's because of my oily skin and the high humidity where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I voted for Maybelline because of the Dream Mousse concealer, which I have backups of, and the Mineral Power concealer. I also like the Revlon PhotoReady.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't remember which one I chose, my favorite is Revlon's Age Defying concealer, but I keep that in my travel makeup bag with my best makeup. Which means I use a different concealer for every day, and that would be Glamoflauge. They are both very good, nice and creamy so that they don't settle into fine lines, and pigmented. Glamoflauge is just a bit thicker which means you have to be careful and use only a tiny amount or it can get cakey. I don't worry about that with the Revlon. I also like the Revlon Spa concealer in the click pen, but it's a little less pigmented so you have to build layer by layer to get good coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still need to try Maybelline SuperStay in the right shade, mine's too light for me and I just didn't think of exchanging them at the time. My favorite Maybelline concealer is the Mineral Power though

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybeline mineral power Concealer is my HG. I have tried EVERY concealer even expensive department store ones and this one covers WITHOUT irritating my super sensitive skin and if I set it with powder it stays all day long.

    Awesome product.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I voted for Milani's HD concealer. It's got a brush and you click out the concealer onto the brush (like the super-expensive Touche Eclat). I love Hard Candy but while in the dry heat of Vegas, my mascara gave me raccoon eyes. The Milani held up to the heat!

    Thanks, Miss G, for giving me the courage to try the lesser known brands. Without your reviews I'd pass HC and Milani over and go straight to the high-end counter. (I do want to try the MAC concealer Jezebel reviewed this week. I have wicked circles that are hereditary and would sell an ovary to get rid of them for good)

    ReplyDelete
  15. the sonia kashuk concealer palette is amazing. it may be the best kept secret ever, though.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig