Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spotted: New collections from NYC

A huge thanks to two lovely readers for the following photos! Tara and Chele both spotted some new NYC collections at Rite Aid recently and were nice enough to share pics (I'm hearing from several of you that both of these displays have been in Rite Aid stores for about a week now, so if you want anything, be sure to stop by your local Rite Aid ASAP before everything's wiped out!).

First let's start with the Spring 2013 Limited Edition Let's Paint the Town Collection. Here are some pics from reader Chele:

 image credit: Chele for Nouveau Cheap
NYC Spring 2013 Limited Edition Let's Paint the Town Collection

This collection contains two bronzers, four lip glosses, four nail colors, two Eye Dusts and two eyeshadow trios. I believe that everything in this display is limited edition, but I could be wrong and some of these products could be new additions to the core line.

 image credit: Chele for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Chele for Nouveau Cheap

Most exciting (to me anyway) is this Shimmer Blast Top Coat:

 image credit: Chele for Nouveau Cheap

 
 image credit: Chele for Nouveau Cheap

So pretty! I bet this would look stunning over a black polish...

And here is a closer look at the LE Kiss Glosses, thanks to reader Tara:

 image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

Tara writes:

Kiss Glosses ($2.99)
002 Dewy Rose - a soft light pink with a cream finish
003 Pink Flamingo - a soft yet vibrant coral with a cream finish (looks way more orange than it really is in my photos, sorry! so much better irl!)
001 Mint Medley - a lovely mint green with lots of tiny green sparkles throughout the finish *dying to know if it reads mint green on the lips*
004 Water Lily - a rosy nude/a nude-y rose, a very rosy blushy nude with a cream finish (pretty!!!)

Tara also shared info about the eye colors and bronzers in this collection:


Sparkle Eye Dusts in 2 shades ($2.99):
022 Golden Splash
020 Precious Pink

HD Color Trios ($2.99):
793 Water Colors (bone pearl shimmer with notable yellow undertones, matte teal with fine sparkles, coppery shimmer)
794 Crystal Springs (off-white/very light cream shade which has a hint of shimmer but is almost matte, candy pink with a hint of shimmer, peach-champagne shimmer)


Big Bold Bronzers:
610 ManhatTan
602 MetropoliTan

And here's some info from Tara about the other three nail colors in this collection:


12 Spring Tulip - very close to Orly Pixie Stix but is a tinge deeper and a wee bit brighter.  (Looks way more orange than it is in my pic, sorry!)

10 Raindrop - a light yet richly pigmented powder blue.  It is not a whitened blue.  It is somehow very light and soft yet also has a vividness to it.

I have dozens of powder blue polishes in my stash (50+ shades...  I know.  *cringe*) but I was amazed to find no dupe!  O.O  Raindrop is a totally different shade than Essie Bikini So Teeny and many shades darker than Essie Borrowed and Blue.  Raindrop's shade is kinda close to Essie Sweet Talker but Sweet Talker has an iridescence to it's finish.  The closest shade-wise was the new NYC Long Wearing polish in Skyline Blue but Skyline Blue has sparkles in it so...this one is unique so far!  *continues to dig through stash*  *is astounded and delighted that I bought a unique cream finish powder blue and not another dupe*

14 Apple Fizz - a very bright vivid yellow green.  I have yet to compare but I'm thinking it might be closest to Orly Green Apple, maybe OPI Who The Shrek Are You? (though it seems more bright and crisp than OPI WTSAY?).  *will continue to dig in stash after confirmation that Raindrop is unique in ye olde ridiculously vast stash*)

  image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

Tara included a closer look at the mint green gloss with sparkles:

  image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

Next up: Spring 2013 City Looks For Less Collection pics from reader Chele:

 image credit: Chele for Nouveau Cheap
NYC Spring 2013 City Looks For Less Collection

NOTE: there are tear-pad coupons on this display for $1 off any NYC product with retail price of $1.99 or more! This would bring the cost down to $1 for everything in this collection!

I believe that all of the products in this display are repromotes of core items, with the exception of the nail colors, and lipsticks (but I could be wrong).

Here's a closer look at the polishes and lipsticks:

  image credit: Chele for Nouveau Cheap

There's a gray, pink and taupe polish in this display. And here are the lipsticks:

 image credit: Chele for Nouveau Cheap

Have you spotted/purchased any of these new goodies from NYC yet? Thoughts?

Thanks SO much, Chele and Tara, for the great sightings, info and pics. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I spotted the City Looks collection at Rite Aid last week, so it's at least in one metro Detroit store ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited about the NYC polishes. I'll definitely be hunting those down! Out of all the brands and formulas available at the drugstore the NYC Quick Dry polishes always seem to work the best on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I just had a heart attack! I pretty much want the entire Let's Paint The Town Collection. At these prices, I won't even feel guilty. Happy Easter to me :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had to buy the two eye dusts , i just hope they are LE ! haha , but they are gorgggg!!! deff recommend you pick them both up FAST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, I really want that mint green lip gloss. *goes hunting*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw these at RA yesterday and was surprised! I am wearing Shimmer Blast right now over a seafoam colored Color Club which I forgot the name of at it is really pretty. I. wish I gad paid more attention to the Kiss Gloss since my former HG Coral Kiss is almost gone. May make another trip tomorrow and review what i missed. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the shimmer polish. I've given up hope of finding new NYC collections. I still never found that peach polish from last summer. K-Mart is the least reliable and the only one who gets new collection from NYC (months late tho). Maybe I can find it when I go to Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have Dollar Trees near you? They're showing up in a lot of those. Both the NYC peach and that golden-red that was in the same collection -- sometimes in a two-pack for a buck!

      Delete
  8. I have NYC Skyline Blue I'm wondering do I need Raindrops?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt I needed both. When you put them side by side there is a difference. But if you have SH Breezy or Breeze Blue you may not need Raindrops

      Delete
  9. I am DYING over that green lip gloss. I don't even know what I'll use it for, but it's so cheap and you never find edgy things like that in the drugstore, so I have to have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally Beauty has a line called Sally Girl, and up by the register in a little promotional display (looking very Warhol-esque) is a new spring assortment of pastel mini tubes of lipgloss. They seem like they might be decent on pigmentation. They came in baby blue, mint green, pale pink, lavender, and a light yellow. I think they had a bit of shimmer. Now I regret not picking one up. Well...I did get a coupon in the mail a few days ago, I'm going back for sure. ;)

      Delete
  10. I actually just bought the green lip gloss — it is pretty much clear, but the sparkles do show up though it seems pretty light on my lips. But I still like it, it's actually my first Kiss Gloss and the formula seems nice enough. I also picked up the Shimmer Blast nail polish! Looking forward to using it, definitely could not resist it

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Rite Aid must be behind - I went there today and *finally* found the Applelicious lip balms, which I've been looking for for ages. I didn't see these displays but I wasn't really looking for anything past the apple balms.

    ReplyDelete
  12. In the second display, the taupe is Park Ave and the gray is Sidewalkers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The model's eye makeup is unflattering. Doesn't make me want to purchase any of these products at all :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to try the polishes! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig